Building relationships with children for families & sports coaches through Positive Discipline
Training led by a Certified Positive Discipline Educator and PDA member
Click here to see videos from top international coaches using these methods
As sports coaches and people working and volunteering in youth sport, we’re all really there for one reason, right? The kids.
If you want to…
• Teach children life skills and values.
• Understand and respond to misbehaviour with loving guidance.
• Use kindness and firmness at the same time.
• Identify potential problems and develop skills to prevent them.
• Put love and joy into relationships with your children or those you coach.
• Resolve responsibility and role issues.
• Build effective communication between all club members
then you’re in the right place.
Develop yourself and your coaching team in these 6 core areas:
- Core coaching Competencies (ask not tell, be kind and firm, trust the process, what’s your style?)
- Conflict Resolution (effective recovery, spotting signs, finding solutions)
- Connecting with Children (empowering, encouraging, showing up, how you handle yourself)
- Communicate Effectively (wheel of choice, clear instructions, say what you mean)
- Collaborative Culture (team meetings, leadership styles, love and responsibility)
- Plus….Child Development (ages and stages of usual development, age appropriate communication)
Receive a set of Positive Discipline Tools for Coaches cards to keep in your kit bag
Created by Jane Nelsen and Coach Reed Maltbie
An inspirational 2 hour Introduction Workshop for all coaches, athletes and parents either online on Zoom or in person. Covering the essentials of Positive Discipline for Youth Sports coaching, you’ll be amazed how effective these tools are when all your team is on board.
Core training program
Our 6 module (6 x 2 hours) core programme is delivered online on Zoom. The fun fast pace, deep content and experiential activities mean coaches will be engaged and find their own answers throughout.
Your sports coaching environment is unique and deserves to be considered as such. Together we will create a tailored training solution appropriate to the ages and stages of all concerned. Your sport, culture, staffing structure and overall aims are all taken into account.
Connection is what we all seek, whether we are aware of it or not. We serve to connect coaches, athletes and their environments.
A vibrant, supportive and encouraging community is the fertile ground for connection to grow. We serve to empower community.
Empowering athletes and coaches to develop themselves, their relationships, their performance and their community in the 21st Century.
Ready to learn more?
Get in touch with us to learn how we can help your coaches and athletes fulfil their potential by employing Positive Discipline for Youth Sport coaching tools!
With more than 20 years in teaching, coaching, youth sport, event management and international communications we have a wealth of experience to draw on.
We train people who want to develop their sports coaching techniques to meet the real-world challenges of youth sports with dignity.
Bath, United Kingdom. UTC
FAQs Zoom / WhatsApp / Skype calls