for sports coaches,
communities & families
Empower your team with the interpersonal tools they need to become the change you all want to see
Click here to see videos from top international coaches using these methods
As people working and volunteering in community sport, we all give a lot to see the club run and grow.
If you are ready to grow personally and want to…
• Stop shouting and start solving
• Use kindness AND firmness at the same time
• Be empowered with real, effective tools for group management
• Build a safe, trauma sensitive environment for all your athletes
• Encourage resiliency and intrinsic motivation
• Respond effectively to conflict without escalation
then you’re in the right place. See our manifesto here.
Develop yourself and your coaching team in these 6 core areas:
- Core Coaching Competencies – self regulation, asking, showing, tone of voice, kind AND firm
- Conflict Resolution – restoration, apologies, ownership
- Connecting with Children – seeing from their point of view, validating feelings, age-appropriate communication
- Communicate Effectively – clear instructions, talking their language, visual communication, boundaries
- Collaborative Culture – team meetings, mutual respect, listening
- Inclusive Environment – making a safe space, body responses, trauma-informed practices
Receive a set of Positive Discipline Tools for Coaches cards to keep in your kit bag
Created by Jane Nelsen and Coach Reed Maltbie
An inspirational 90 min Introduction Workshop for coaches, officials, athletes and parents either online on Zoom or in person. Covering the essentials of Positive Discipline for engagement, you’ll be amazed how effective these tools are when all your team is on board. We tailor the core material to the age of your participants.
Your sports coaching environment is unique and deserves to be considered as such. Many different departments come together and have different needs AND you all want to work to the same standards. Together we will create a tailored training solution appropriate to the ages and stages of all concerned. Your sport, culture, staffing structure and overall aims are all taken into account.
2021/22 topics include:
*Empowering community ride leaders to welcome families post-Covid19
*Being cool under stress for volunteer officials
*Listening beyond the words – building staff culture that lets everyone feel heard so they don’t have to shout
*Empowering feedback – understanding strengths and stepping out of the way so leaders can do more
*Trauma-informed coaching – what does a safe environment provide and how to start building
*Becoming the club you want to see! – Empowering tools for club leaders and volunteers to work together
Our 6 module (6 x 2 hours) core programme is delivered online on Zoom. The fun fast pace, allows access to deep learning. Experiential activities mean coaches will be engaged and find their own answers throughout.
People I’ve worked with
Connection is what we all seek, whether we are aware of it or not. We serve to connect coaches, athletes and their environments.
A vibrant, supportive and encouraging community is the fertile ground for connection to grow. We serve to empower community.
Empowering athletes and coaches to develop themselves, their relationships, their performance and their community in the 21st Century.
Ready to learn more?
Get in touch with us to learn how we can help your coaches and athletes fulfil their potential by employing Positive Discipline for Youth Sport coaching tools!
With more than 20 years in teaching, coaching, youth sport, event management and international communications, Gillian has a wealth of experience to draw on.
We train people who want to develop their sports coaching techniques to meet the real-world challenges of youth sports with dignity.
Coach From The Heart Ltd, 28 Beech Avenue, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 5XW.
Companies House No. 13437142
Sign up for email notifications of courses and workshops
You must be logged in to post a comment.